Supervisor: Vice President Government Affairs
Status: Full time, Exempt
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Organic Trade Association (OTA) Engagement Coordinator is the front line point of contact and facilitator of OTA member communities such as task forces, working groups and sector councils and importantly, builds overall member engagement in OTA’s government affairs ourtreach. This position will help to move forward the work of member communities and have a broad exposure to the program, policy and regulatory workings of OTA. As a member of the Government Affairs team, this position will be responsible for facilitating member engagement programs.
1. Facilitates logistics including but not limited to meeting minutes, call schedules and communications with OTA member communities.
2. Serve as project coordinator for member communities by developing timelines, identifying next steps after meetings and tracking work of members.
3. Assist with government affairs specifically with PAC, legislative and agency outreach including OTA member footprint analysis and matching to legislative initiatives.
4. Support member engagement in fly-ins.
5. Facilitates program work at the policy and regulatory level, specifically targeting members for engagement in NOSB work.
6. Manages all OTA list serves.
7. Assists in tracking membership engagement data with entry into SalesForce. Works closely with Salesforce Database and Development Coordinator on OTA engagement index.
8. Coordinates and supports webinars as facilitated by OTA staff.
9. Work closely with communications team to execute member engagement communications
10. Manage first-year membership program to increase retention rates.
11. Assists in tracking membership engagement data with entry into SalesForce. Works closely with Salesforce Database and Development Coordinator on OTA engagement index.
12. Intuitively responds to member and program feedback and participates in growing opportunities for OTA members to have positive experiences.
13. Occasional travel may be required.
14. Other duties as assigned
- One to two years association experience or similar scope experience or recent graduate with relevant internship experience.
- Background in food, agriculture or policy a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in organic or food policy.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, education, business or related field.
- Experience and advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional administrative, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent ability in organizing group thoughts and translation and identification of next steps.
- Excellent relationship management and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently, detail oriented, and have ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to think creatively and in a group dynamic.
- Experience with online communities. Demonstrated capacity for learning new technologies.
- Excellent communication, organization, problem solving, and process development skills.
- Experienced in providing superior customer service and be able to work well within a team of association professionals
OTA offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401k contribution. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Stephanie Jerger (SJerger@OTA.com).
OTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/family status.