Canadian-U.S.Equivalency Task Force
European Union-U.S. Equivalency Task Force
Mexican Organic Trade Task Force
Asia Working Group
- Korea - The Asia working group is very engaged in the ongoing organic equivalency discussions with Korea and is committed to reopening Korean markets for U.S. organic products
- China - The working group remains vigilant to developments in China and is currently exploring how OTA might facilitate U.S. accreditation by the Chinese Ministry of Agriculture
- Taiwan – The working group is a communication channel with USDA and USTR and the American Institute for Trade regarding trade issues that develop at Taiwanese ports of entry, most notably regarding Taiwan’s zero tolerance for pesticide residues
- India – OTA is working with U.S. dairy producers to gain access to Indian markets for U.S. dairy products. Organic dairies are uniquely qualified to assure that organic dairy products are produced from cattle that have been fed vegetarian organic feed as required by the USDA National Organic Program standards for livestock production.
- Japan - As the market for organics in Japan continues to grow the Asia working group will provide industry guidance regarding the implementation of the equivalency arrangement, as well as working to resolve issues that impact trade in accordance with the agreement, discuss opportunities in the market, and strategize consumer education.
Director, International Trade
The Organic Trade Association does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, national origin or ancestry, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation or military status. Persons with disabilities who require alternate means for communication of program information can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.